Home offices offset commuting, virtual meetings offset unnecessary travelling and connected technology offsets the use of power generated by fossil fuels.
Mixed reality blended learning reduces international travel by 90%.
QR codes offset the use of paper and water for printed materials as well as emissions from deliveries.
It is the stated policy of T10 Automotive Ltd to reduce its environmental impact where practicable. Carbon reducing measures form an integral part of our strategy, helping us to improve both operational performance and a reduction in potentially harmful emissions to land, water, and air. Our aim is for a 0% carbon balance to be achieved within a period ending January 2024, or before where practical.
To help achieve this, T10 Automotive will:
• seek to meet or exceed legislative targets.
• Minimise waste, promote recycling and the use of recycled products to help reduce the burden on landfill, and corresponding methane generation.
• Continue to promote and support the objectives of the policy.
• Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees and others and seek where practicable to continuously improve T10’s environmental performance.
• Actively promote telephone conferencing as a means of reducing travel requirements.
• Evaluate the potential benefits of homeworking.
• Evaluate the potential Comply benefits of carbon off-setting.
• Integration of environmental issues into all aspects of the decision-making processes.
• Sustainable sourcing procurement policies.
• Evaluation of energy efficient and correspondingly carbon reducing equipment, vehicles, and plant throughout the company.
• Promotion of ‘Smarter Driving Tips’ initiatives to trainers, employees, and delegates.
• Vehicle sharing and mileage reduction planning.
• The assessment and procurement of fuel-efficient vehicles, supported by effective delivery and field operations planning.
This Carbon Footprint Policy Statement underpins all existing Policies already implemented throughout the company. This policy clearly identifies the responsibilities and procedures for achieving the company’s stated objectives in all aspects of our activities, leading to improved environmental performance, inclusive of reductions in both CO2 and methane emissions.
Carbon footprint policy T10 Automotive Ltd recognises that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local and / or regional environment. We are therefore committed to reducing any harm that this may cause. Our carbon footprint – green policy is to constantly look for ways in which we can improve our green credentials, we are achieving this by holding regular meetings to explore ways to achieve our statement promises and to link with other likeminded organisations. Our carbon reduction strategy is aligned with our company environmental policy and company sustainability policy and current codes of practice on waste and environment protection.
We will focus on:
• Reducing waste,
• Reducing materials at every opportunity,
• Repair rather than throw away where we can
Carbon Neutral Reduction Policy Statement T10 Automotive Ltd October 2022 v1.0
• Recycle at any given opportunity. As our “Green” culture becomes established and embedded we aim to:
• Encourage our employees and suppliers to be responsible, corporate green citizens,
• Utilise energies and water sparingly,
• Consider environmental impacts in our purchasing,
• Endeavour to work with partnering organisations that share our ethos on “carbon footprint”
• Reduce the need for transport and its impacts on the environment. It is our intention to operate our business in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way as possible.
What we have already introduced:
• We reuse, or recycle, all our packaging materials such as cardboard, polystyrene, shredded paper etc. All materials that can be recycled are segregated into specific waste bins / skips and forwarded to waste transfer stations.
• We minimise the use of paper in our places of work using email, this has greatly reduced the amount of paper used within the workplace, and previously we would have sent hard copy correspondence in the post, letters in the post. Processing information electronically is also much more energy and carbon efficient than physically sending hard copy correspondence.
• We have installed multi-function devices to handle faxing, printing, and photocopying demands in our offices; this greatly helps reduce energy and reduces paper usage.
• Our consumption of fuel and energy is closely monitored, and we take care that it is not wasted through inefficiency or casualness.
For example, all radiators should have fitted Thermostatic Radiator Valves, we will use signage to remind staff to turn off lights when leaving a room and ask staff to use computers responsibly i.e turning them off at night and using standby mode during the daytime when not in use.
• We recycle old computers responsibly and will do so through our IT replacement strategy.
• We recycle mobile phones and printer cartridges.
• We have reduced the amount of our land fill waste by finding ways or recycling waste material more efficiently, either in house or through working in conjunction with others who are able to use the material in a constructive way.
• We ensure that all our workplaces either in our personal home/offices or out on site adhere to current environmental standards and energy conservation requirements.
What we intend to do for the future:
1. We intend to purchase our electricity from suppliers who re-invest in renewable energy sources
2. Where possible we will source our materials from suppliers who operate in an environmentally friendly manner and who are geologically local to us to reduce road traffic, road traffic costs and carbon emissions.
3. We will choose vehicles with fuel efficiency and CO2 emissions in mind when our current fleet of company vehicles are due for replacement. Fuel efficiency and mileage will be closely monitored with the help of tracker systems.
4. We will encourage web links to sites promoting sensible and sustainable attitudes towards the environment, renewable energy etc.
Carbon Neutral Reduction Policy Statement T10 Automotive Ltd October 2022 v1.0
5. We will encourage suppliers to strive for the same level of environmental care as we provide to offset their carbon footprint.
6. We will deliver awareness training on green issues and sustainable development to all employees to inspire them to reduce their carbon footprint and encourage them to take action to offset their carbon footprint in innovative ways.
7. We will strive to reduce our carbon footprint year on year by measuring and calculating current standards in each of our home / offices and training centres.
8. We intend to identify the size of the current Carbon Footprint in accordance with the latest DEFRA reporting guidance and the World Business Council's Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
9. We will identify and quantify the sources of carbon emissions.
10. Where appropriate, we will identify carbon reduction initiatives.
11. We will carry out ongoing measurement of the impact of reduction initiatives to aid company reporting of greenhouse gas emissions.
T10 Automotive Limited will aim to reduce its carbon footprint by 20% by 2023 to be in line with current UK legislations and World business council greenhouse gas protocol.
T10 Automotive Limited will choose vehicles with fuel efficiency and CO2 emissions in mind when our current fleet of company vehicles are due for replacement. Fuel efficiency and mileage will be closely monitored with the help of tracker systems, along with route planning for all journeys for fleet of training vehicles.
This policy will be reviewed in November 2023 but T10 Automotive Ltd will endeavour to improve our practices on an ongoing basis.
Published: 01 November 2022
Next Review: 31 October 2023
Watch out 2023 - here we come...